(CHUO KIKUU MZUMBE)
The candidates listed below have been selected to join Mzumbe University (MU) in the academic year 2012/2013 under undergraduate programmes.
Candidates listed under this category are ‘A’ level secondary school leavers who applied to TCU and were selected through the Central Admission System (CAS) to join MU.
Candidates listed under this category applied directly to the University and have been selected to join MU under the Equivalent and Mature Age Entry schemes.
Candidates listed under this category are selected to join various diploma and certificate programmes offered by Mzumbe University.
ALLOCATION TO MAIN CAMPUS AND MBEYA CAMPUS COLLEGE
Mzumbe University runs the Bachelor of laws (LL.B) and Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing (BBA-MKT) courses both at the Main Campus and Mbeya Campus College. In addition to that, Diploma in Law, Diploma in Logistics management, Diploma in Human Resources Management, Diploma in Bussiness Management, Diploma in Accountancy, Cerificate in Human Recources Management and Certificate in Accountancty are run at Mbeya Campus college.To avoid unnecessary inconvenience, candidates selected into the said programmes should observe and report where they have been allocated.
PAYMENT OF FEE AS ADMISSION ACCEPTANCE
To confirm their acceptance of the admission, all selected candidates will be required to produce evidence of payment of appropriate fee by 30th September 2012.
Fee to be paid directly to the University is as follows:
2 Campus Accommodation PER bed per year 119,000
3 Non-refundable Medical fee per year 75,000
4 Mzumbe University Students’ Organization
(MUSO) Fee. 10,000
5 Caution Money 50,000
Proposed rates for direct student costs are contained in the joining instruction available at Admissions Office Mzumbe Main Campus/ on the Mzumbe Website: www.mzumbe.ac.tz.
Those candidates who are beneficiaries of Students’ Loan from HESLB are advised to come with enough money to support their upkeep for at least two (2) weeks as loan payments may delay. More importantly, they should be aware of the ALLOCATED BUDGET of their loan so that the DIFFERENCE is paid and evidence of payment be produced by 30th Sept 2012. Please note that no candidate will be registered without payment of fee and failure to pay fees within the prescribed date may result in losing your admission.
Accommodation at the University is limited. Candidates selected to join Mzumbe Main Campus are kindly requested to read information on Off-Campus Hostels contained in their joining instructions and make communications and accommodation arrangements if possible before reporting.
STUDENTS WHO WILL BE INVOLVED IN STAGGERED SEMESTER II – 2012/2013
In order to provide an increased University access, the University has decided to utilize accommodation spaces for 3rd year students who will be on Field attachment from 22nd October 2012 to 22nd February, 2012.
All candidates selected into Bachelor Degree Programmes at the Main Campus (except BELM, BECA, BEEM, BSc.ICTB, BSc.ITS and BSc.ICTM ) will do Semester I from 22nd October 2012 to 25th January 2013 but will be involved in Staggered Semester II during 2013/2014. The staggered Semester II will begin in July 2013 and end in September 2013.This arrangement is only during the first year of study after which students will resume normal semester schedules.
Candidates who will be involved in the staggered semester will have to sign an Agreement Form to be enclosed in the joining instructions committing themselves to admission under these terms. These forms must be returned to the Admissions Office, Mzumbe University, P.O.Box 1, Mzumbe or Fax No. 023-2604382 before registration.
All selected candidates are required to report and register at the Mzumbe University Main Campus and Mbeya Campus College between 15th October 2012 and 19th October 2012. Candidates who will not have registered by this date will have forfeited their admissions.
All candidates are required to bring with them the following:
1. The original certificates which supported their applications. Photocopies WILL NOT be accepted for registration purposes. Presentation of forged certificates is a criminal offence.
2. Duly filled certified medical examination forms enclosed in the joining instructions.
3. A bank pay-in slip as evidence of payment of fees. Appropriate fees must be paid through the CRDB Bank before 30th September 2012. Candidates at Main Campus should pay through CRDB - Mzumbe Branch MU Income Account No. 01J1012013400. While candidates for Mzumbe Mbeya Campus College should pay through CRDB MU-Mbeya Campus Revenue A/C No 01J1065743701 before registration.
4. Please Note that NO CASH transaction will be allowed during registration process. All payments have to be made through the bank before reporting at the University preferably before the deadline provided.
5. Candidates under HESLB scheme are urged to contact the Board to know and confirm their loan status in preparation for payment of their contribution of tuition fee before coming to the university. No student will be registered without payment of fees.
OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR (ACADEMIC),
P.O BOX 1,